I've Moved! Check out the all-new, all-different Invincible Super-Blog at www.The-ISB.com!

Saturday, March 05, 2005

Punisher War Blog: Day 58

I talked to Scott on the phone tonight for like three hours. It started as another attempt at Dragon Bowling Night, this time scheduled for tomorrow. Now it's perfectly feasable that it'll one-up the last two attempts and end in utter fiasco, but I'm cautiously optimistic. We've got a reservation at the alley this time, but there will be...

Xtreme Bowling.

Xtreme Bowling (or Cosmic Bowling as it's known at Brunswick lanes) is a "multisensory bowling experience," and that makes me glad I work in a comic book store because I'd never be able to say that with a straight face. What happens is they turn off the lights, have glow-in-the-dark pins, and drop some loud techno and rap/pop on you to enhance the experience of throwing something heavy at things that fall down.

Anyway, while we were talking, I was finally beating the Punisher game. It's weird to think of Jigsaw as the boss of the game, but when you drop Jigsaw in some Iron Man armor, it's a little more understandable. Not a lot Frank can do against repulsor rays.

Anyway, this led us to talk about the Punisher for a long time and eventually led to his War Journal, and how he should just give up on that and start a War Blog.

Upon reflection, that's not nearly as funny as it was at the time, but I think it's got some merit to it. It'd be the best thing since Hulk's Diary That Is On The Internet. Just think about it. Scott's theory is that every time he killed a mobster, he'd run over to Kinko's or the nearest public library and update the War Blog as a sinister kind of psychological warfare against his enemies.

Me, I just want to see things like:
"Current Mood: Vengeful >:("

I'm thinking about doing it as an ISB feature as I read through my Box O' Punishment.

Other non-Punisher-related events of the day are as follows: I finally got around to watching the first episode of Firefly today. I've had the Penndulum's copy for like a year, but you know how I am. I'll say this, though: If you wanted me to watch it sooner, all you had to do was say the word "Western."

I think we can all agree: I like westerns.

Speaking of, we got into a debate about sound effects at the shop the other day. In my script, there's a bit of gunplay (surprise!) and the SFX for it are "BLAM BA-BLAMBLAM BLAM!" But nobody else seems to think that guns in a Western make a "BLAM" sound. Chad says in a Western, the guns go "Bang!" and Shaka claims that that a ricochet would go "P-kew!" I'll admit, Blam does seem more at home in a detective story, but I'm not sure what to go with.

Now if I was Walt Simonson, I'd just give Amos a gun that went "BRAKASHATHOOM!" and be done with it, but I'm not. So I'm putting the word on the streets: What do Western guns sound like? I'll check the Jonah Hex issues, but I'm open to suggestion.

That Simonson gun would be awesome, though.

1 Comments:

Blogger Phil Looney said...

I vote Bang. Or POW!

3/05/2005 1:03 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home