I've Moved! Check out the all-new, all-different Invincible Super-Blog at www.The-ISB.com!

Sunday, April 10, 2005

The Truth About Luke, Part 2

I just finished playing a game of Star Wars Miniatures with my mom. That's right, I said Star Wars Miniatures with my mom

Is this how far I've fallen?

This comes after a day where I pretty much did nothing but sit around playing Knights of the Old Republic until I went over to Wal Mart and looked at Star Wars Legos (press down on their heads and the lightsabers light up!). I've even been listening to the NPR Star Wars radio drama ever since MG3 decided he didn't want it burdening his move to the Hermitage.

Suffice to say, I'm back on the Star Wars train with a vengeance. It should really come as no surprise that I'm a pretty big Star Wars fan. I do, after all, work at a frigg'n comic book store, and unlike Shaka, I've seen the damn things. Heck, I even know about Grand Admiral Thrawn, Joruus C'baoth, and the Wild Karrde.

But like Simon Pegg in Spaced, my relationship with Sweet Lady Star Wars has cooled off in recent years, what with its creator doing everything he possibly could to destroy it and all. I mean, seriously, bro:


What the hell?

Still, I am a guy who owns George Lucas in Love on VHS, so it was inevitable that I'd come back. And it's taking everything I have to not make a "the circle is now complete" joke right there. But what brought this on?

Well, Clone Wars was pretty awesome, but I've always been a big fan of Genndy Tartakovsky. So it pretty much comes down to me catching the Episode III trailer a few weeks back, which means the blame can be squarely laid on the shoulders of Ewan McGregor.

Seriously, that guy is awesome. Stupid haircut in Phantom Menace aside, he's unquestionably the best thing about the prequels, and when he goes: "YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE!" I get frigg'n chills.

And yes, Mike. He's been added to the list.

So yeah. Ewan McGregor, it's your fault if I'm disappointed in Episode III. But even if it does, there's one thing you can't take away from me. And that's Kit Fisto. That guy's AWESOME!

6 Comments:

Blogger Mon-El said...

Tell me, do your legs hurt from jumping on and off the bandwagon?

:)

Totally agree with you though about the "chosen one" line...taken in the moment, that's gonna F'N rock!

4/10/2005 1:57 AM

 
Blogger Chris Sims said...

A bandwagon comment from a guy who cited high sales as a reason Superman/Batman didn't suck.

HMMMMMM.

4/10/2005 8:47 PM

 
Blogger Mon-El said...

Ah, see, I knew you weren't getting it through that handsome head of yours...I cited high sales as an indication of "Somebody besides ME liked the damn thing." I would never cite sales as an indication of something being good or bad, that makes no sense. Case in point, sweet Britney.
I also use high sales in the same way during my many "Shut the F'N Hell up about the prequels!" arguments.

:)

4/10/2005 9:27 PM

 
Blogger Chris Sims said...

You have to admit that the problems with Episode I can only be described as "numerous." And when you said "Case in point, sweet Britney," I thought you were referring to me with some kind of pet name I was not heretofore aware of.

4/10/2005 10:45 PM

 
Blogger Mon-El said...

Don't even get me started about the prequels, that will only lead to violence. I'm the guy that actually LIKED them.

I can think of a few pet names for ya...

:)

4/11/2005 12:42 AM

 
Blogger lazy_cg said...

the pic in the m8iddle only looks like a white rectangle.
What was there?

1/09/2008 9:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home