I've Moved! Check out the all-new, all-different Invincible Super-Blog at www.The-ISB.com!

Sunday, May 15, 2005

'Til All Are One!

I forgot to mention this yesterday, but between the car wash and the end of work, this girl came into the store who was surprisingly attractive. She had the kind of punk look to her that I find alluring, but is usually attatched to girls who are the diametric opposite of what I'd call "my type."

Still, she was nice to look at. She was tall, with platinum blonde hair with pink streaks. And so I'm standing there doing my best to check her out unobtrusively when her boyfriend walks up to her. Now I don't mean any disrespect to the guy, but he was a troll. I swear, he looked like he should be under a bridge somewhere. A bridge that leads to a discount urban fashion emporium, judging by the dude's outfit.

So I'm standing there watching 'em, and all I can think is: "Hey. Well done, pal. I don't know how you did it, but good job."

Not too long after, they walk up to the counter and just stand there for a second. Now they'd been in and out for the past half hour or so, so after half-heartedly checking to see if they were both gone, I'd made a few... let's call them disparaging comments about their attractiveness ratio. So I'm thinking that while he's standing there fiddling with his cell phone, he's mentally preparing himself for Mortal Kombat against me.

Then, without any solicitation on my part, and hardly a word on his, he slides his cell across the counter.

"Check this out," he says, "I spraypainted this on m'wall."

I took a look down at his cell phone's screen, and who did I see?


Click to Transform and Roll Out! Posted by Hello


Optimus Prime.

I stared down at the leader of the Autobots on the screen.

"Wow," I said, "That's pretty awesome." And it was, especially for being spraypainted freehand on a wall in somebody's house.

He looked over to his girlfriend. "Baby, you got any pics of it on yours?"

"Yeah, I think so." She pulled out her own cell and brought up a few pictures. And that's when it hit me.

All the time they'd been standing there, I'd been thinking "Man, what's this guy got that I don't?" And now I know. He's got Optimus Frigg'n Prime on his wall. What can I say? Chicks dig Energon.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And now, my friend, you get why I do it.

5/26/2005 11:02 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home