I've Moved! Check out the all-new, all-different Invincible Super-Blog at www.The-ISB.com!

Friday, July 29, 2005

Shake 'Em Up, Shake 'Em Up, Shake 'Em

Like Cube says, I've got to say it was a good day. In fact, I'd be willing to go so far as to say that the Chris Sims Good Day Trifecta was in play.

Not to get too terribly self-indulgent here, but let's take a look at the stats:

1. Had lunch with Julie, which was a lot of fun. For those of you keeping score at home, I did talk about the Karate Kid, but stopped myself from bringing up the Punisher. So really, it's one for two at this point.

2. Hung out over at Tug's for a few hours after work, playing a game that may or may not have involved rolling several polyhedral dice. It actually went really well, and I think everybody had some fun.

3. Came home to find that not one, but two people over on MySpace wanted to be my friend.

This last one was pretty surprising, to be honest, and you may be asking yourself why there was a sudden spike of interest in me that translates mathematically to an increase of over infinity percent. The answer, my friends, is simple:

National Public Radio.

There is no single force on this earth, not politics, not religion, not even Star Wars, that will bring people together like the bond shared by those who have to be near a radio every Saturday to see if it's a new This American Life this week. And apparently Chad and Scott weren't the only ones who wanted trading cards.

Suffice to say, I'm pleased. Which means, gentle reader, that it's going to take me at least until tomorrow to build up the levels of vitriol I need to write about this week's comics, so in the meantime, I've been working on Heroes of Public Radio Series 2. And don't say your Uncle Chris never gave you a sneak preview:


Fresh Air's Terry Gross

Roll your mouse over for the back of the card!


It's a quarter to three in the morning, and I just spent an hour making that. Ladies, please try to control yourselves.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mon-El said...

I've heard about this myspace thing, what is it's purpose, exactly? Is this a cult? I ain't gonna mutilate squirrels!

:)

7/29/2005 8:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home