I've Moved! Check out the all-new, all-different Invincible Super-Blog at www.The-ISB.com!

Monday, May 22, 2006

Mine Are Never That Cool

Tug found this little moment of Pure Comics Joy back on Free Comic Book Day, and it may well be the best cover blurb I've seen all year:

The Fortune Cookie Says: DEATH!


That is pure poetry. And hey, check it out: Flip to page three and...



...it actually does! And it's even personalized! And yet, Shang Chi does in fact survive this entire issue, even going so far as to kick a man in the face with both feet while hovering parallel to the ground.

But really, I once got one saying I was never bitter or petty, so I'm pretty sure you just can't trust those things.

5 Comments:

Blogger Valkyrie said...

The only thing fortune cookies are good for is the lottery numbers on the back.

Not that I am dumb enough to play the lottery...

5/23/2006 2:19 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a pretty damn big fortune he's holding there. How big was the cookie it came in?

5/23/2006 2:50 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, good ol' "You are never bitter, petty or spiteful." I've gotten it twice, and a couple of my friends have also gotten it. Our standard response is, "Well, you're never petty. One out of three isn't... Actually, it is pretty bad."

But the best fortune ever, received by my friend Peter, is "You have an iron constitution and great physical powers."

To which his was response was ::boggle:: "I'm a SUPERHERO!"

2/05/2007 8:53 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two words: Gulacy art

3/02/2007 3:49 PM

 
Blogger straightener said...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

شركة مكافحة الحمام بنجران
شركة تنظيف موكيت بنجران
شركة تنظيف كنب بنجران
ارخص شركه نقل عفش بنجران
شركة تنظيف شقق بنجران
افضل شركة تنظيف خزانات بنجران
شركة مكافحة حشرات بنجران
ارخص شركة تنظيف بنجران
افضل شركة كشف تسربات المياة بنجران
شركة تسليك مجارى بنجران

7/10/2019 10:19 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home